Monday, June 1, 2009

Swimming!

We went to the pool over the weekend and Quinn was having a blast splashing around and trying to get mommy wet. We stuck him in his floaty thing and he didn't seem to like that as much, but let me tell you, I want one for me! I think if I connect toys to it or something that he will have a much better time.

This week is going to be a little bit hectic, Herb is going out of town for a night, and the horrors to all horrors, I have to cook for myself, however, to make it more fun I decided to invite a friend over and cook for her. I am really looking forward to this, as I don't cook too much because Herb can be on the picky side. We are going to grill, because it will be less to clean up, and because it is just soooooo.....yummy......

I really love living down here, I wasn't sure that I was going to feel that way, but it has really grown on me, and maybe it is because I can get up at 6:00 in the morning and go out in my shorts and still not be freezing, that I enjoy it. I am not sure. I went for a run the other day, actually I have been running about every other day, but yesterday was my longest run yet, and you runners out there don't laugh, this is good for me.....I ran almost 3 miles (2.6 to be exact) I was a little surprised that I even felt that I could make the second mile, so this is good stuff. I am looking at getting a new pair of sneakers, possibly the nike shox, cause they are supposed to give extra support for the legs, and I have been having some issues with my knees, they aren't liking the extra weight I am carrying around slamming on the pavement....but I will not, let me repeat, will not run in the super long grass and get bit by a snake, or fire ants....heck no. I jogged for the first time on Thursday with the jogging stroller....let me tell ya, it isn't easy, in fact I had to walk a lot more than run cause it was too much for me, but I am going to try to run with Quinn at least once a week, that way he gets the benefit of going outside with me, and I get to have some resistance, which will make me stronger. I do find that running by myself in the morning is kind of therapeutic. I get my alone time and the running provides a stress buster. I didn't think that I was really going to be able to get into this whole running thing, I have tried before, whether it is because I am trying to loose the baby weight, or just to get fit I am not sure, but either way, I am liking it.

Maybe I will take something that I have learned into consideration for the future: Keep trying things you do not like and maybe you will find you actually like them. I doubt it will work for everything, but this just proves you need to keep an open mind.

No comments: